- Finally begin refinishing the headboard I planned on painting this past summer.
- I've been addicted to my electronic cigarette for nearly 4 years now and use it more than I ever did actual cigarettes. I sleep with it under my pillow to smoke in the middle of the night even! It's pretty ridiculous. I've started cutting back with hopes of quitting in 2015.
- Make at least one phone call a week. I feel so busy with work and distant from my friends and family as a result. I'm hoping making the time will come naturally after scheduling weekly phone calls.
- A wetter summer! My soul felt dry this summer as I didn't swim nearly as much as I wanted to. I will make up for that when 2015 gets warm.
- Meet with a relator/mortgage officer to begin the home buying process.
- Pack more work lunches to save money and calories.
- Oysters, lobster, and martinis! Just a few of the items I want to consume.
- Be bill-free by the end of the year! Of course I'll have my standard monthly bills, but I'd like to avoid the hassle of paying them and having everything set up for automatic payments.
- Cook more meals at home. I've nearly stopped cooking all together since becoming a fancy lady executive and I truly miss it.
- As a career-oriented lady, I want to include a career goal, but 2014 was a big career year for me. I love my new position and definitely see growth outside of my office, but want to reach my peak before climbing higher. So, in 2015 I'll work on that steady climb.
- Eat less meat. I was a vegetarian/vegan for more than a third of my life, but that has gone to the wayside in recent years. BBC loves vegetarian food, so the only holdup is myself.
- Hot Springs, AZ. BBC and I had hoped to spend Thanksgiving in Hot Springs, but losing our kitty Boris threw us off kilter. I still crave the healing mineral water and a change of pace.
- Invite our friend Nick over for dinner, who has cooked for us many times. Recently Nick mentioned that he hasn't been to our house, so a dinner party is in order.
- Finish BBC's dental work. I went through the same overhaul several years ago and Brandon is nearly finished getting his chompers in order.
- Mexico in May. My lady friend, Karen, will be turning 30 this year and wants a girls trip to a beach resort in Mexico. I can't believe that as a Texas native I've never been.
Sunday, December 28, 2014
Here we go again: Every year I make a list of goals and declarations that are long forgotten come March, but it brings me so much joy. So, with that, here are my 15 resolutions for 2015: