Friday, June 27, 2014

5 Facts Friday: Work Edition

Oh my god y'all, this Friday has been the start of the most deserved weekend I've had in a very long time. I started my new job this week, and while I went in Monday without reservations or anxieties, most of my week was anxiety-ridden. I know I made the best decision for me in quitting both of my jobs and moving on in my career, which feels pretty darn great. So, with that, I present my 5 Facts Friday blog, the work edition.
  • I've mentioned this many times in past blogs, but for most of my adult life my grandmother has been doing my lingerie shopping. She used to send me large envelopes stuffed with my favorite undies. Over the years, those panties have taken a beating and it's time to replenish my panty drawer. I have a hard time dropping the $20 that a pair of hanky pankies cost, but I'm going to reward myself by tossing out every pair with a busted waistband. Woo hoo, brand new panties for my hoochie-coo! I'm not entirely sure what this has to do with work, but I got a raise so I can afford underwear now, I suppose.
  • My office building is now across the street from Brandon's job. I do a lot of walking past his shop to meet with clients on campus and I love being able to watch him load up his flower truck in the morning. I don't get to do much more than call out his name and say hi, but that's all it takes to brighten my day even more.
  • Another "bigger salary" splurge I'm planning is to make is my first hydrotherapy appointment in July. What's hydrotherapy you ask? Well, basically you pay a spa to take a bubble bath. I can't wait!
  • My new office has Friday breakfast! Every Friday someone in the office brings in breakfast for the whole crew. Today we had fruit, bacon wrapped dates that drove everyone wild, doughnuts, and nomosas. I'm shocked, but the nomosas were pretty great. Sure, the champagne was replaced with ginger ale, but I still had two and felt giddy. I'm crossing my fingers that next Friday we have a fancy bagel bar!

  • I haven't been able to keep up with my normal internetting this week and I'm looking forward to binging on Apartment Therapy and Design Sponge this weekend. I also have a handful of projects on my to-do list that I'm so excited to start without clear intentions of finishing them. Yay for valuing my free time more!

No comments: