Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thursday Tidbits

Yay, it's April. I feel like I've been counting down the days until April these past few weeks, but I can't necessarily tell you why. Spring is here and I'm ready to get sprung. Here are some tidbits:
  • I got my nails did yesterday, y'all! I went to Paloma for one of Nails Y'all's aweschumb manicures. It was an "artist's choice" special, which removed any pressure from me to come up with a nail idea. Meghann does intricate designs and decals in both vegan polish and my favorite, shellac/gel polish. In preparation, she asked me not to peel off my current gel manicure, which is one of my OCD passions, so I honored her request and brought my rainbow jar of "nail skins" with me. I love peeling off old gel manicures.
My nail skins in a jar, while my shellac is being removed properly.

Fly nails
  • First, let me preface by saying that I don't like Steely Dan. I just don't; no explanation necessary. However, this is one of my favorite songs ever! We just watched American Hustle and the film started out with this song. Amy Adams has never looked so sexy and now I'm dreaming of Diane von Furstenberg wrap dresses.


  • The only person who pranked me at the office on April Fools Day was myself. I accidentally filled my water bottle too full and spilled at least half a cup of water into my crotch when I took a sip. Meh, I've done clumsier things and fortunately, I store a pair of "emergency panties" in my desk just for this reason. I toweled off my dress, broke out the emergency pair, and finished the day without any more glitches.

  • I'm going to be a rap chick, y'all. Karen and I had a "rap group" in high school called Latino Pride. My name was 2Pāl (i.e. too pale) and we basically made up rhymes in broken Spanglish. A while back my rap friend, Mex, asked me to be a fly girl in his group Mex Mode. While I'm pretty great at joking around and making clever rhymes, I've never considered writing and performing. I have my first performance April 9th at Mex's birthday party and I'm surprisingly calm about it. Bottom line: I will either embarrass myself in front of friends or do pretty great and be able to scratch that one off my bucket list. Wish my luck!
  • Tomorrow is our 6 Month-iversary!! I'm still, as expected, wildly excited to be married to BBC. Never in my life did I think I would be so content with myself and wonderfully happy with another person the way I am with Brandon. I can only hope we're just as happy on our 60th anniversary. We'll be celebrating, simply because I want to celebrate all these small anniversaries because once they past we will only have our annual anniversary. I feel so fortunate to have this happiness that celebration just seems natural. We'll being going to Uchi and I got Devo tickets for my sweetie.

No comments: