Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Rejection, Part I: Rejection Letters

After waiting for several months to see if my wait-listed graduate school status would turn into an acceptance, I have finally received my rejection notice from UT.


Rejection letters are no longer sent. Instead, I got an email telling me to log in and check online.


While I'm truly disappointed, I'm ultimately placing this rejection on the scale somewhere between "kind of sucks" and "no big deal." Please, don't interpret that to mean that I didn't really care about getting into grad school. Rather, nothing in my life changes, I am still pleased as a plum, and I will just try again next year. More importantly, I'm not entirely sure it was the right time for me, as I still have two jobs and recently resigned my post with the Wendy Davis group due to the time commitment. So, in summary, I won't be going to grad school this fall and that kind of bums me out. And with that in mind, this is the first post of a two-parter on rejection:

I recently saw this post online of rejections letters sent to famous people. I find this pretty motivating.

Slyvia Plath Rejection Letter

 Stay tuned for tomorrow's rejection related post!

No comments: