Thursday, April 24, 2014

Me Trivia

Yesterday, to celebrate Administrative Professionals Day, my department had a luncheon organized by my catering expert coworker and friend, Jessica. To encourage attendance and socialization, we frequently have some sort of contest. Last year everybody brought childhood photos to be identified and the year before there was a paper airplane contest to see who's creation flew the farthest. This year we were asked to submit random/fun trivia and try to guess who's fact belongs to whom.

While I felt like I had a plethora of personal facts to contribute, I ran several of them by Jessica first to insure that they were, in fact, little known facts. I ultimately submitted "________ owns over 100 sweaters." I have a lot of sweaters, to say the least. I was taken by surprise when nearly everyone at the table read that fact and started asking "what psycho has 100 sweaters?" "Clearly that person isn't a native Texan!" The comments continued until the department head suggested they stop lest someone at the table be the sweater collector. While I don't find my sweater collection odd, I felt mildly embarrassed, but mainly for those who thought it was strange and voiced their opinion in front of me before my identity was revealed.

Since then, I have been thinking of all the other random me trivia that I should have submitted. So, here's a list of next year's options:

  • I don't like chocolate.
  • I feel more affection towards pigeons than children.
  • My mum has 13 cats.
Artist's representation of my mum, except her cats all have human names.

  •  I cried while watching Beyonce's Super Bowl performance.
 
  • My grandmother sent me underwear for over 4 of my adult years.
  • I have very poor color vision. (I can see colors, but can't differentiate comparative colors like orange and red.)
  • I'm terrible at karaoke, but always sing Whitney Houston's I Want to Dance with Somebody.
  • I once saw Tony Little in a Jacksonville Airport wearing a red blazer while waiting for his Avis rental car.
Grrrrr, Tony Little

See why the red blazer is funny?!
  • Growing up, my mum told me I was allergic to egg whites and tuna. However, I have never had a reaction to either that I am aware of.
  • I don't like room temperature bananas, but I love hot or cold bananas..

No comments: