Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thursday Tidbits

  • BBC went to the dentist for the first time in nearly 20 years. I was so proud of him for not having any anxiety, as I know I would. My sweetie has to get two root canals and a tooth pulled, but teeth are important and I've been in his position before. Peanuts be damned, my hubby will finally be able to eat you again soon.
  • Before my man's dentist appointment, our little guy Boris had his first vet appointment in nearly 6 years. It was quite the ordeal as he was spitting, growling, screaming, and snorting. The sweet little lump of snuggle that cuddles me nightly turned into a Tasmanian devil right before my eyes.
  • Welp, I didn't get into grad school. It's pretty darn disappointing, but I've been wait-listed and will ultimately find out if I've been accepted in April. So... more waiting and hoping. I can't quite find the word to express my feelings; I don't feel stupid or embarrassed, but I was pretty confident that I would get in. Now, I'm just crossing my fingers that someone who was accepted outright declines.
  • Last night Karen spilled corn all over herself, but was kind enough to miss the new couch. Yay for ladies.
Me in PJs with the gals on the new couch
    • This weekend, I'm taking a seminar to become a Deputy Registrar enabling me to register people to vote. It's the first task in a very exciting fellowship I've been admitted in to work on the Wendy Davis gubernatorial campaign. I'm super excited about it, but it will be a lot of volunteer work committing 20 hours a week when I already have two jobs. I will also be spending my birthday at another training seminar, but who cares about celebrating 32 anyhow! I haven't worked on a campaign since the 2004 Presidential race of Dennis Kucinich mainly because nobody has excited me politically since. Go Wendy, Go!!

    No comments: