Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Bubble Bath Day

Today is "Bubble Bath Day," but instead of luxuriating and relaxing in a bubble bath, I will be getting a facial from the wonderful, Ella. I know, I know... it isn't much of a consolation, but it's about as good as it gets. (It's actually, pretty damned wonderful!) So, to celebrate one of my favorite things in the world, I present you with my bubble bath fantasy wish list:

How great would a bath-side fireplace be?!?!

My dream bathroom would have a big, fancy rug instead of a dinky bathmat.


This green clawfoot and tile floor is my ultimate bathtub fantasy.


Heavenly bath products:
  • Lush bath bombs ($7) are my favorite bath product ever. While they don't technically create a bubble bath, they certainly make your normal soak fragrant, relaxing, and posh. The Fizzbanger and Uluru are my favorites.
Uluru Lush bath bomb
  • L'Occitane lavender harvest foaming bath ($34) may be a bit pricey for bath bubbles, but the bubbles are rich in both price and texture. It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I started to like the scent of lavender and the calming aromatherapy qualities are unbeatable.   
  • Bath & Body Works aromatherapy luxury bath ($16.50) are my go-to bubbles, but they recently discontinued my favorite scent, black currant vanilla. I'm sure all the other scents are just as lovely, but I wouldn't know since I don't have a bathtub.
Do me a favor friends, and enjoy a bubble bath in my honor today. I've been considering booking a hydrotherapy appointment (AKA spa bath time) at a potentially seedy joint in Austin, but haven't yet. $30 for 20 minutes is a bargain when you love baths as much as I do. Or alternatively, the hubby and I could get a hotel room with a jacuzzi tub. Last time, we added too many bubbles...
The a-bubble-minal BBC



It's also "English Toffee Day" and "Pizza Week" according to the interwebs.

No comments: