Monday, December 30, 2013

14 Goals for 2014 (Part I: 1-7)

1. It wouldn't be a new year without a resolution to loose weight. This year, however, I'm going to actually  try to help my sweet Cecilia lose some weight. She's tipping the scales at 17 pounds, which doesn't sound too terrible for a cat, but her frame is so tiny that it looks like she swallowed a bowling ball. This recent picture Letty took of her really opened my eyes to her obesity.
Her bulge goes on forever!

2. Costa Rica! BBC and I really wanted to honeymoon in Costa Rica, but didn't have the money after all our wedding costs. Our plan is to go in October for our 1 year anniversary and honeymoon every subsequent year in October. Nothing like a vacation to keep the love flowing.
3. Graduate school! I've applied to UT for a Master's program in higher education administration. I won't find out if I got in until February, but if I do I will start class in September. How exciting!
4. More career advancement. Getting a Master's has always been an educational goal of mine and the program I want to study will certainly help me advance my career, but there are other steps that I need to consider as well. I'd like to move up the 'ole ladder and work in a larger research center at UT. 
5. After all my hard work getting out of overwhelming credit card debt, it's pretty hard for me to carry a balance on my credit cards. We funded our wedding ourselves, much of which was on a credit card and there is still more to pay off. So, in 2014, I will once again work tirelessly to get out of debt. Fortunately, this time around, it won't be as intense or stressful. Yay to fiscal responsibility!
6. I eat too much damn meat! I first became vegetarian in the 6th grade after learning that my super cool teacher was. I was even vegan for over 5 years, but for the last couple of years I have been eating meat like I was trying to catch up for lost time. I would really like to eat less meat or, moreover, only eat meat when it's a special occasion or a fancy opportunity to try something extraordinary.
7.  Get my wardrobe and closets in order. Like most of the women I know, I have too many clothes. My dresser and closets are overflowing and owning more than 100 sweaters in Texas is just insane. I'd really like to get rid of anything that I haven't worn in more than a year, except the sentimental things. The encouraging thing is that I've had a pretty high success rate reselling things on eBay. Of course, the first thing I want to do with the money I earn from selling my old clothes is to buy new things. Maybe I should enact a two-out-one-in policy.

No comments: