Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Tuesday Tidbits

Hello, Wednesday! I missed work on Monday and since it feels like a Tuesday to me, enjoy some tidbits:
  • My beloved friend Karen passed away several years ago. My family treated her like she was my adopted sister and in a larger part her family has become a surrogate family, of sorts, to me. This weekend her little sister, Megan, got married in Austin and I was surprised by the emotions I felt being a part of it. The festivities started out with a bridal luncheon Friday afternoon, followed by a decadent rehearsal dinner Saturday evening, and a lovely ceremony and reception Sunday. Karen's mom said something touching to me, comparing her interest in my life to being the same as when an actress leaves a soap opera and the character is replaced by someone new. Karen and I are the same age, so I can understand her pleasure in seeing me grow up, get married, etc. I was a little surprised, however, to be seated at the table with the bridal party Saturday, but it was an honor and so great to catch up with Megan and get to know her groom, James better. I absolutely adore Megan's children, Astrid and Willa, and have kept photos of them on my dresser for years. They have grown into such spirited and sweet girls and I couldn't control my tears when they said "we do" when the minister asked, "Who gives this woman to be married?" 
Megan and James
Willa and Astrid
Phil and Megan
BBC and his MILF dance partner

LD and the MILF, my friend Marie
  • In more wedding news, it looks like BBC and I will be going to Costa Rica for our honeymoon after all!! Time to get our passports and travel vaccinations in order!
  • I've upgraded my electronic cigarette! I had been using Blu for nearly two years, but lately was disappointed with the cost of cartridge refills, the consistency of drags and inhales, and the battery life, so I upgraded to an industrial model. It's much, much bigger, but the battery lasts five times as long, the drag and vapor smoke is consistent, and most importantly I can refill the chamber with nicotine juice myself, which will save money! So far I am very pleased with the switch.
  • I think when new people ask how Brandon and I met, we should start telling them that we met online at Christian Mingle. I've been getting so many pop-up ads for Christian Mingle lately, that it seems like it could have potentially happened, even though neither of us are Christian, nor religious for that matter.
  • I went to the graffiti castle for the first time and it is so lovely! I heard through the grapevine that it would only be around for a few more months due to an impending redevelopment, so BBC and I rushed out there. I climbed to the top in heels, which I don't recommend, and we're planning on watching the 4th of July fireworks from the top with a picnic.



Look at that view!


  • And here's one last photo of me holding a tiny dog!

Zara

No comments: