Thursday, June 20, 2013

Bon Voyage, BBC

My sweetie left on Monday for a two week tour with his band, Gospel Truth, and I started missing him almost immediately. I know that sounds ridiculous, but there's something a little lonely knowing that I won't be seeing him for an extended amount of time. No matter how much I try to remind myself that he won't be at home whenever I get there after work, I've still been a little sad not to find him playing his music too loud whenever I get home. The week before he left he started meeting me at the bus stop with an ice cold, after-work beer. Now that's what I call husband material!

I made a 3 page list of chores and things to do while BBC was gone and so far I have organized two of our "messy" closets and made a detailed list of wedding-related craft projects. I think I will mask missing him with productivity, which is a great side effect. Tonight, I plan to dry clean our couch while watching the final Spurs playoff game. Gooo Spurs!

I also have lots of fun with friends planned. Last night was Ladies movie night, which is always a blast. Tomorrow night I will do some wedding planning and dinner with Pam. Saturday is Emily's tubing birthday extravaganza followed by Gina's birthday camping trip on Sunday, so come Monday I'll relish quite time alone at home.

So, with that, I wish you a Happy Thursday!

No comments: