Friday, May 3, 2013

EDIM: Things That Make You Uncomfortable

EVERYDAY IN MAY, DAY 3: Things that make you uncomfortable.



Today's blog challenge is right up my alley and definitely calls for a list!
  • It makes me so uncomfortable when a stranger asks me to watch their stuff! Ignoring the fact that I could be watching something lethal or illegal, I always end up feeling like a poor sap. My biggest fear is that someone will come by, rob me of the stranger's stuff, and I'll be stuck with the blame.
  • Knowing that I smell bad.
  • Buffet lines at events. I'm completely fine eating food from a buffet at a restaurant, but turn it into a wedding, staff luncheon, or holiday party and I get unsettling food anxiety. Are people going to judge me because I choose more asparagus than macaroni and cheese? Can I skip the salad and have two bowls of soup? Certainly at least one person will think to themselves, "She's too fat to be eating that!"
  • Reading to children. Don't get me wrong, children love to be read to and certainly literacy is a good thing that should be cultivated from an early age, but I just feel too much pressure! They always want you to make voices and I just don't feel comfortable with that.

No comments: