Tuesday, May 7, 2013

EDIM: Tears 4 Fears

EVERY DAY IN MAY, DAY 7: The thing(s) you're most afraid of


Yay, another blog challenge that calls for a list! Here are four things I'm afraid of:

  • Masks! I don't like face masks. Not so long ago I saw a guy walking downtown dressed like Boba Fett, which filled BBC with delight. I, on the other had, was terrified and didn't want to walk on the same side of the street as Mr. Fett. C'mon, it's pretty freaky to look at someone who is wearing another person's face! I blame this adult fear on something terrible I did as a child. I used to chase my mum's boyfriend's small son around the house while wearing a scary monster mask just to watch him cry and pee his pants. Wherever you are, David, I apologize.
  • I am terrified of being stuck in an elevator with Joel Godard.


  • I'm afraid of breaking my teeth. I have daydreams, or what I call "mind movies" of this happening all the time: crossing the street and eating curb, chomping on hard bread and losing my pearly whites, falling while walking down stairs,  etc.
  • I'm afraid of space aliens and I don't really want to go into any more detail about that fear, because then I start thinking about how they are reading my brain as I think about this and may plot my anal probing and/or the total demise of the human race before I can even finish typing this sentence. I can't watch Transformers  or Signs  or any other alien movies. Definitely not Alien!

1 comment:

Leticia said...

I am afraid of aliens too. Have you ever seen Fire in the Sky? DON'T.