Monday, May 13, 2013

EDIM: A Musical Apology

EVERY DAY IN MAY, DAY 13: Issue a public apology.



My current wedding task is to find father/daughter wedding dance songs. It's a lot harder than I thought. First off, I have two dads, so already have twice the standard duty. When my older sister got married, she danced to the song my father sang to her as a child, which was Led Zeppelin's All My Love. It was pretty touching. If I were to follow this same formula, I would be dancing with my father to Romeo Void's Never Say Never,  which seems wildly inappropriate. You can take a listen here:



Needless to say, I'm having a bit of a struggle, but fortunately it is a little easier picking a song for my dad. Sadly, and here is where today's blog prompt comes in to play, the front runner is Natalie Merchant. I apologize for posting this song and, furthermore, just for considering publicly dancing to it. But what the hell, it's certainly better than Sarah McLachlan.


1 comment:

Leticia said...

Chad and I danced to a Doors song. I will leave it at that.