Sunday, May 26, 2013

EDIM: Medical Marijuana Miracles

EVERY DAY IN MAY, DAY 26: Something you read online.



I have chronic illness, basically a handful of Autoimmune Disorders, and yes, I use marijuana. It's interesting writing that, because I feel like I'm taking a stand or a risk. After all, it's illegal. For the last year or so, I have stopped taking pain medication daily and smoke pot when I'm in pain. I used to throw back a bottle of hydrocodone (or goofballs as I call them) a month, but it has been so long since I last needed them that I no longer have a valid prescription. In my humble opinion, this is a good thing, which brings me to this article that I read online:

Smoking Marijuana Causes "Complete Remission" of Crohn's Disease, No Side Effects, New Study Shows

I find this exciting, and perhaps will pave the way for legal, medical marijuana use nationwide. Personally, I have known 3 people with Crohn's and all three of them were greatly aided by the use of marijuana.

No comments: