Wednesday, May 15, 2013

EDIM: I Day in the Life

EVERY DAY IN MAY, DAY 15: A Day in the life (include photos from throughout your typical day).



What's a typical day for LD? 

I typically wake up at 3:00 in the morning and check to see if my sweetie has gotten home from work. I hate nothing more than waking up for absolutely no reason at all, but my internal clock has a mind of it's own. For the next three hours I sleep restlessly, if at all, and await for my alarm to go off at 6:15 before snoozing until 6:45. 

Sleeping boys

Cecilia knows how I feel when the alarm goes off
 
I'm supposed to be at my desk at 7:00 am, but that has been pretty hard to do lately. This is usually when I'm leaving my house and running to the bus. I used to bike to work, but really enjoy reading on the bus and use that as my excuse, as opposed to just being lazy. 

This is what my desk looks like. In an normal day I sit here and submit grant applications, file HR, payroll, and tuition documents for my students, receive organic chemistry manuscripts for the journal I work on, and assist the brilliant chemist and Professor I work for in any way possible. This is also where I have tea in a pug mug and gaze at my Sea Monkeys.



My lunch hour varies, but is either spent working while eating a salad at my desk or eating out with my UT lady friends: Beth, Gina, Karen, Jessica, and/or JJ.I think right now Fricano's is our favorite lunch spot, but we all miss the burgers that Hole in the Wall used to have!

An oldie of Gina at Half Price Burger Friday

Around 4:00 pm I leave my office and walk across campus to work at my second job in the Accounting Office at the University of Texas Club. I deposit checks for a couple of hours and the waitstaff calls me "Fast Fingers" because I'm a 10-key wiz! I will typically work for 30 minutes to 2 hours before hopping on the bus to go home.

I liked to pretend that I do Pilates for an hour whenever I get home before 6:00 pm, but well.... it's not pretending if it's a bold-faced lie. Every day when I leave the office I say I'm going to do at least 30 minutes, but once I get home I just want to chillax with BBC and drink a beer, which is what I typically do.

What does the rest of the evening have in store for me? Heck, that's a wildcard! Sometimes I cook dinner, sometimes I watch a movie at home alone when my sweetie heads out to work, sometimes I go out to a rock show, and other times my gal pals pile into my house for some lady time. Work all day, play all night!

In closing, I find this detailed list of my daily routine to be a bit disturbing. So, for any predators or stalkers, I'd like to mention that I am always carrying around this adorable weapon, which I will eagerly thrust into your midsection if warranted.

Meow-ouch!

No comments: