Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wedding Wednesday

Much of my time these days has been devoted to wedding planning and I'm having a pretty great time!

With the exception of securing the Zilker Clubhouse, everything has been pretty stress free. BBC and I had our hearts set on the clubhouse for many reasons, the main one for me being that it was where our romance first blossomed. It's also incredibly affordable, offers lots of freedom with planning, has an outstanding view of the Austin skyline, and we can pack it full with all of our friends. And it is because of all these reasons that it's very hard to secure. Reservations are made by lottery and it took a couple of weeks before we even learned that we weren't selected in the lottery. With the fortune of fate, we did get a date after a lottery winner cancelled and now everything else is falling into place.

Zilker Clubhouse after sunset

We've planned our ceremony almost in it's entirety. We'll have a private ceremony with only our immediate families in attendance, no bridesmaids or groomsmen, and our friend Mitch will officiate. We're still deciding on ceremony music and it feels a little silly to walk down an aisle with only 12 people watching, but we're still hammering out those kinks. I asked Brandon about music and in true Devo devotion, he said he wanted to me to walk down the aisle to this song by Mark Mothersbaugh.


I've picked out my wedding ring and several dresses, one of which should be arriving in the mail any day now. This Friday Beth and I will be looking at a few more and I'm really hoping the one I fell in love with online is just as lovely in person. Originally, my sweetie was going to wear this remarkable three piece, brown plaid, vintage suit I bought him, but he has since decided to get a new suit. We actually found the suit yesterday, which makes me very happy because earlier this week he said he wanted a suit like this one!


I knew going into this that BBC and I have many  wonderful friends who were delighted for us and excited to help us out in any way they can. I didn't, however, realized how many great offers and surprises would come our way! Aaron and Chelsea will be making photo buttons for us as party favors, Brandon's great friend Juliana is providing a photo booth to record our reception celebration, last night Letty offered to perform, and we've started getting DJ set offers also. It feels pretty awesome to have so many talented friends who want to help us make our day special.

Well, that's my update for now. Time to start picking out invitations!

No comments: