Thursday, March 21, 2013

LD + BBC = LUV

BBC and I are getting married!!!!



Brandon asked me to marry him last week and then I immediately asked him to marry me. That might be strange, but I thought it was fitting. After all, I wanted to make sure that the feeling was mutual.

The thing that I'm quickly learning about being engaged is that everybody wants to know every  detail about the engagement and wedding plans. I feel a little bit exhausted talking about it, but the excitement has yet to wear off. I also feel pretty protective about our special moment, so here are the details I'm willing to share: BBC proposed sweetly, I said yes, we both cried tears of joy, and we will skip an engagement ring and go straight for the wedding band. (I'm a minimalist when it comes to wearing jewelry and find two rings a bit excessive.)

This past Sunday we made the calls to our families to tell them the good news and of course they were all very happy and excited for us. Our original plan was to put off wedding talk and preparations for 6 months so we could figure out what we wanted, but alas we quickly realized we wanted the same thing and are now chugging away with the plans.

So, what will this Dar-Crowe (thanks, Trailer Space boys for the nickname) shindig entail? We're crossing our fingers that we can get the Zilker Clubhouse in October, since that is the location where our romance began. It has a beautiful view of the city and the laid back atmosphere and rules suit us best. We will have a very small, simple ceremony with just our immediate family followed by a reception with all of our cherished friends. As we started to look at all the people in our lives that we love, our numbers went through the roof, which is also the reason why I won't be having any bridesmaids. To all my best ladies, you can now breathe easier knowing that I won't put you in a hideous $300 potato sack.

Honestly, words cannot even begin to express how excited I am! I want to squeal and jump up and down just thinking of kissing my soon-to-be husband. I've said it many times, but I wake up every morning feeling like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been so blessed to find Brandon. He has brightened my life, helped me love myself more fully, is my best friend, understands me from top to bottom while loving all the mess in between, and makes me want to be the best woman in the world. I can't wait to spend 80 years with him by my side!

No comments: