Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine's, Schmalentine's

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Valentine's Day. I completely understand, and fully support, those who dislike the "Hallmark holiday". However, I don't understand how showering those you love with hearts is a corporate thing.

This year I sent out more Valentines than ever before because I'm lucky enough to have a gaggle of gals that I adore. I'm not impartial, but I think I have the best group of women in my life and letting the people that I love know how I feel about them feels wonderful on both ends. And honestly, giving gifts might be my most favorite thing ever! I've been pretty happy with the response from the valentines I sent out. Here are some pics from the ladies:

Love bombs!

Ladies, are you ready to jump on board the Galentine's Day train?


This will be the first Valentine's Day for my sweetie and I, and I think we are setting a great tradition by not doing anything to celebrate. BBC has picked up a couple of shifts at the floral shop to help deliver flowers and I will be fast asleep when he finishes working. When every day feels like Valentine's Day, what's the point of going to a crowded restaurant or eating heart-shaped boxes of chocolate? I don't even like chocolate! Of course, I made my sweetie a crafty valentine and will probably make some heart-shaped pancakes Saturday morning.

Happy Valentine's Days, lovelies!

XO,
LD


P.S. A little love song for your ears

No comments: