Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscar Schmoscar

It's that time of year, when many of the blogs I follow are posting their Oscar recaps with opinions on the winners and red carpet fashions. While I've never felt compelled to do this myself, this year I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

Sure, I like watching the Oscars, but I prefer to catch parts of the show without actually planning my night around it. I love seeing the dresses and those inevitable celebrity blunders that make the rounds on the internet and tabloid shows. But for me, the one thing I really  love about the Oscars comes the morning after when I troll the internet to find photos of the Vanity Fair party. For whatever reason, my #1 celebrity crush is absent from the paparazzi most of the year, but surfaces every Oscar night even though he's not in the film industry. My favorite thing about the Oscars is Rick Rubin!!


Live your dreams through Photoshop, y'all!

No, you're eyes are not deceiving you. The above photo is, in fact, a picture of Rick Rubin holding the hand of his Brazilian model girlfriend with my head photoshopped on top of her ah-MAZE-ing body. At first I thought this lady was just arm candy and I relished the fact that she was listed as "guest" in any photo captions. But after several years of "stalking" I think it's safe to say she's a permanent fixture and BBC has no cause for concern that I might leave him for Ricky.

2013- Rick Rubin, Vanity Fair Oscar Party

2012- Rick Rubin, Vanity Fair Oscar Party

2011- Rick Rubin, Vanity Fair Oscar Party

No comments: