Tuesday, February 26, 2013

New House Tidbits

We have been in our new house for for 3 days now and things are really starting to come together. I can't wait until I've got the kitchen organized and art hung on the walls. Right now my priority is to get my clothes organized so my sweetie can have his own closet; one that isn't shared by my winter coats or the vacuum cleaner!

Piles of art and "decor" waiting to find permanent homes

Here are some sneak-peak pictures of the new place:

Exposed brick wall in the living room

Stained glass window in the loo

Sunday morning I let the kitties go outside for the first time at the new place. Cecilia never has been much of an outdoorsy girl, but she spent 30 minutes walking the yard. Boris, on the other hand, loves going outside and exploring, and frequently spends his entire day outdoors. I walked next to him while he explored the alley in our backyard and then that little bastard ran off and was missing for over 20 minutes. I've trained them to come to a special whistle, which usually works, but essentially a cat does whatever the hell it wants to even if he hears the "come home" whistle. I found him in a yard off a busy street halfway between the new house and my old apartment. Needless to say, he is currently grounded and his next few trips outside will be on the humiliating leash.

Cecilia and Boris

Boris and Cecilia in the yard

No comments: