Friday, February 8, 2013

5 Facts Friday


Happy Friday, y'all! Here are some tidbits and such:

  • Beginning March 1st, Austin will be plastic bag free! I think it's great and I already use reusable bags for nearly all of my grocery shopping. However, plastic bags fill a very important need in my life as I reuse any I acquire for scooping the kitty liter box. I'm still not sure how I am going to adjust, but I think buying tiny plastic garbage bags might be my only option. How will you adjust to the plastic bag ban? My friend Julia makes these super cute eco shopping totes that look just like those plastic Thank You bags. You can (and should) buy them HERE and HERE
  • In "My Boyfriend is so Adorable News": I was a little late to the party that is HBO's Girls,  but I finished the first season about a month ago and am currently watching the second season with Lela and the gals. I love it, it's very witty and funny, but my favorite thing about the show is finishing an episode and thinking, "Thank god I'm not 25 anymore!" While I was at work one day, BBC watched all 3 discs in a row and finished the first season in one afternoon. Adorably, he texted me through his viewing to tell me the scenes that he liked best, or to give me some trivia knowledge about Judd Apatow. Earlier this week I came home from a rough day at work and BBC was playing Robyn, Dancing on my Own.  I was instantly uplifted and started dancing. I hugged my sweetie and thanked him for downloading the song for me, to which he replied,  "I downloaded it for myself. When I was watching Girls  I used Shazam to find out what song it was and downloaded it because I really liked it." Isn't he just adorable, y'all!

  • I was one of those day-dreaming children who would gaze off while a song played and imagine that I was in a movie and the music was the sound track of my life. In second grade, this Love and Rockets song was one of my favorites and I decided, that in the movie soundtrack of my life, this song would play whenever I walked into the classroom of a new school. Naturally, I would walk in slow motion with a fan blowing my hair, and all the young boys would fall in love with me. 

  • BBC and I have finally picked out our new couch! I'm really excited because I've always wanted a sectional with a chaise lounge and I think the dark grey will be perfect. No more covering my dusty old couch with pretty blankets! 

These pillows will have to go!
  • I decided that if my cats were drag queens, their names would be Velvet and Chenille instead of Boris and Cecilia. And more importantly, I think this is one of the most brilliant thoughts I've ever had!
Black Velvet
Chenille throwing shade.

No comments: