Friday, January 11, 2013

5 Facts Friday

Welcome to Friday! Here are 5 random things:

  • I want to go to Vietnam! Last year my dentist and friend Ashley went to Vietnam and her stories of cheap beer, delicious foods, and beautiful beaches have enticed me. A blog I follow, Honestly... WTF  just made the trip and the photos of Ha Long Bay are beautiful. These small cruise ships look amazing!:

 
  • In August I started coveting a pair of black Tom's desert wedges, but put off buying them for reasons that are completely unknown to me. As fate would have it, they are completely sold out online, in every retailer in Austin (trust me, I've called them all), and are even impossible to find on eBay. For the last two months I have been begrudgingly seeking out an alternative and finally found something on Amazon this morning.
Amazon version in grey!

  • BBC's brother gave me sea monkeys for Christmas. I set the aquarium up on my desk at work and really enjoy watching the little guys swim, but have a terrible fear that the cleaning crew will accidentally knock the tank over. They're pretty active swimmers, just going around and round in circles. I hope they're not bored.
  • My sweetie and I are getting super excited about our upcoming move to a house! We've done a really great job of making my tiny, single lady, garage apartment work for the both of us and honestly, I would have killed any of my ex's by now if we had tried to live together without walls. My apartment is a studio and is completely open, which makes the promise of a new bedroom with a door and walls so exciting for me! To commemorate the big change I want to splurge and create the cozy, warm bedroom sanctuary I've always wanted. I also thought it would be a great idea to get new linens and furniture to make a space that is ours because after all, Brandon just joined me in my apartment and has been trying to fit in amongst my years of collecting. Anyhow, the excitement makes me feel like a teenager again planning my first apartment. Here's my inspiration:
Poppies, poppies, poppies
Orange and green
  • A couple of weeks ago, a girlfriend of mine was talking about how much she loves books on tape. I told her that I've always thought it would be neat to be a voice actress and record books on tape. In one of those "follow your dream moments" she suggested that I volunteer to read and record books for the blind and I just signed up! Apparently, with my background in chemistry I would be an asset for reading chemistry textbooks. I'm really excited that I will be able to legitimately fulfill a fantasy of mine while helping others!

No comments: