Thursday, November 15, 2012

Peeves, Perks, and Observations


Here is a list of things I dislike, enjoy, and have general thoughts on:

Peeves
  • I'm slightly annoyed by the multitude of petitions being sent to the White House requesting peaceful secession of states from the Union. This one, however, I fully support! Let's get rid of Arizona.
  • My biggest pet peeve is inconsiderate walkers. Stopping in the middle of a walkway, a group of people walking too slow and blocking a sidewalk, and people who walk zig-zaggy drive me out of my mind!
  • Three times in my adult life I have tucked my skirt into the top of my tights after using the bathroom and walked down the hallway into my office exposing my rear. 
  • I really, really want a gold nugget Texas shaped ring. I don't really understand why they are so damned expensive since they are clearly hideous. 
This ugly thing is $1,300

Perks
  • It's customary for me to throw back a High Life as soon as I get home from work and I've learned over the years that my "unwinding" time is necessary for relationship bliss. Several weeks ago I was having a pretty rough week at work and BBC and I had early dinner plans. I pretty much only had time to go home to meet him, feed my kitties, and change my shoes. My sweetie met me at the bus stop with a cold one resting in a koozie. Clearly, this is love!
  • Quality Seafood makes the best macaroni and cheese I've ever eaten. It's a WT casserole version made with spaghetti noodles. A very close second place goes to Julia for her perfection of Martha Stewart's recipe that you can find HERE.
 
  • I dated a guy named Mary-oh once. He was funny and thought I was pretty. He's just come out with a neat little product and an even better video to promote it. You can preorder it HERE:


  • Shellac manicures are the best manicures ever. I've only had one (with super posh shellac pedicure) and ever since I've been lusting after an at-home kit. No other polish compares to the shine and long-lasting nature of shellac.

Observations
  • If someone had smelled my pee this morning they would have assumed that I had eaten asparagus for dinner, but I didn't.  
  • Several days ago, the BF asked if we could get fake married. I told him I could agree to that so long as I don't get a fake ring.
  • When Warren G. Harding was running for President a scandalous rumor nearly ruined his campaign. The rumor was that he had African American blood in his family.  I love that 80 years later we now have a 2nd term black president. GObama!

No comments: