Friday, November 9, 2012

5 Facts Friday

  • Last Saturday, I held an intimate impromptu dance class showing Andre, Beth, Lacey, Matt, and Tom Lee how to "smang". Smanging is a very sexual dance move, not to rival my signature "ice cream dance", that starts with a smash and ends with a bang!


  • One of BBC's favorite movies is True Stories, which until this week I had never seen. It's a David Bryne film that is pretty great and I highly recommend watching it if you haven't already. Halfway through the film I told BBC that if you made all the crazy ladies from the movie into one person, it'd be pretty similar to me. He laughed and said he was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say anything lest I get upset. Here's my favorite clip. It reminds me of "singing" with Katie and Amanda and changing all the words to cat sounds.



  • One of my celebrity crushes is the blonde Bond, Daniel Craig. (To see the full list, check out my April 2012 post, A Stalker is Born). I am so excited about the new Bond film, Skyfall, that I've already bought my tickets for next week. My last BF was so annoyed with my crush that he wouldn't watch Daniel Craig movies with me. Since BBC isn't threatened by my Phil Collins and Rick Rubin moans and groans, I'm pretty sure he won't have a problem with my 007 fantasy. 
  • The amazing Acro-Cats are in town, y'all! It's a kitty cat circus with a live cat band. I went a couple of years ago and had a blast. Naturally, it's kid friendly, so take your kids and enjoy a nice cold beer while you watch. (Yes, they have a full bar!). You don't have to be a cat lady to enjoy it!


  • On a personal note, my mum amazes me. She has recently gone through a rehab program and has been sober for many, many weeks now. I honestly can't remember a time when she hasn't been an alcoholic, but I have always loved and adored her, am shockingly surprised by how much we're alike, and truly feel like we are spiritually connected to each other in this life and beyond. Nearly all of my friends have met her and love her as equally as they love me. She's an exceptional lady. For those of you who know how brightly she shines, please keep her in your thoughts and send the good vibes her way as she takes yet another life journey. I love ya, mum!
My mum in 1977, the day Elvis died
With my mum, 2009 at my 27th bday Quinceanera

Halloween 2011 with my newphew


No comments: