Some highlights from last night:
- In hindsight, I wish we would have planned a drinking game and taken a shot every time someone actually went overboard. I highly recommend you do this at home and don't worry, overboarding only happens 5 times in the movie.
- Ladies, ladies, ladies.... words cannot express the delight you will get in watching Kurt Russell topless. Hands down, he has to be the sexiest man that has ever worn a mullet. I submit the following two screen shots as evidence:
- Are you looking for a last minute Halloween costume? The gals and I thought this rich bitch costume of Goldie Hawn's would be stupendous.
- Last night an olive rolled off Margaret's plate and onto the floor past my foot and I jumped up and screamed. I thought it was the fastest moving, blackest cockroach I had ever seen and was simultaneously terrified and horrified that a roach would show it's face with company over.
We decided last night that we will be having a second showing of one of my top 10 favorite movies, Waiting to Exhale, since none of the girls present had seen it. This really, really excites me! Here is a list of previous ladies movie night selections:
- Waiting to Exhale: paired with soul food
- R. Kelly's Trapped in the Closet: Not only did we watch all 23 chapters, but only the dirtiest, guiltiest, and greasiest foods were allowed that night.
|Church's fried chicken and biscuits|
- The Craft: This one was actually food free because.... well, what the hell could we have eaten besides Kraft mac & cheese. We did end the night dancing in a circle to Toto's, Africa, which was beyond epic.
- The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia: It was night of white trash heaven with three types of Frito pie, cheese curls, and bean dip straight out of the can
- Selena: Tex-Mex theme with enchiladas, Stayten's famous seven layer dip, and more queso then we knew what to do with.
- Mannequin: This one was kind of a stretch for food, but since it was filmed in Philadelphia we went with Philly cheese steaks. MEAT!
I hope to see all my lovely ladies next time!