Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall Inspiration

Fall is my favorite season, although I'm not entirely sure we can call it an official season in the parts of Texas I've lived. The weather in Austin has been so autumnal with cool, breezy mornings and 80 degree days and I can't wait to break out the sweaters, boots, and tights. There is so much more to look forward to this season than just fashion, so here's a list of my fall inspirations and goals: 

  • Finally  visit Audra and Jamie in Dallas. This winter will mark their one year Dallas anniversary and I have still yet to make the trek. Watch out Texas State Fair, I'm coming to eat everything under the sun deep fried.
  • I so solemnly swear to not add another sweater to my 140+ sweater collection without first getting rid of one. 
  • So far this fall will be exciting for music: Leonard Cohen, Patti Smith, Roky Erikson, and Erykah Badu in October and Lupe Fiasco, Fun Fun Fun Fest, and Counting Crows (laugh all you'd like) in November.
  • I will finally replace my broken point-and-shoot camera that I used to have with me at all times in my purse. A beer spilled in my purse while I was "exporting" it from a free beer SXSW day party, and my camera was ruined. I need to start taking more pictures of my lovely friends again.
  • I will be getting a new tattoo after the rush of money that fills my pockets post UT football season. More accurately, a cat-too. I have still yet to cash in my gift certificate from the Esme benefit auction last January and I would really like to get an image of my sweet little girl, Cecilia. Here's the style I have in mind, minus the headdress. (After all, Cecilia is Dutch and not American Indian.)



  • I've said it many times before, but I love sleeping outside, drinking outside, eating outside, and peeing outside. I would make an excellent homeless bag lady if only I didn't like bubble baths so much. This fall I want to spend a day outside eating, drinking, and cuddle-napping with my sweetie.
  • On my current to-do list I have, "make a list of things/qualities that would make me a better person" and I intend to make that list and act on it.
  • And finally, here is my inspirational image for this Autumn.

No comments: