Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tuesday Tidbits

  • I think I get sucked in whenever I watch  As Seen on TV product commercials, especially when they say, "For a short time only receive two for the price of one. Call now!" My first thought is that I should wait a couple of hours before I call to verify if the buy-one-get-one-free promotion is really a promotion or if it is always two for the price of one.
  • I fainted again this past weekend. This time I was at Truman's 1st birthday celebration and I had just built myself a taco when I sat down on a stool. The room suddenly went black and I dropped my food. Letty was so nurse-like and ushered me to the couch while a dog ate my taco. I was fine after 30 minutes or so, but was pretty embarrassed. This happened a lot last summer and so far it looks like this summer won't be much different. More food,  more water, less beer, and avoid the heat I suppose......
  • BBC and I finally watched The Dark Knight Rises. It was lackluster in my opinion. I found this much more enjoyable:


  • I made a mix CD for our road trip when BBC and I went to Houston last month. It was full of our favorite "couple" songs and some other sappy love songs that make me think of him. He really loved it. Recently he played this song for me, which he says is my song in his heart.


  • Here's his song in my heart:


  • I got my first pair of contact lenses last Friday! Honestly, I only got them for my Halloween costume. After all,  I can't be a carrot with glasses since carrots improve eye health. (Well, I guess I could be a hipster carrot if I wanted, but that's not my style.) I find the contacts pretty uncomfortable and every five minutes or so I have a mild freak out trying to find my glasses until I remember that I don't need them. Saturday, Margaret walked into Letty's house, smiled at me, and then asked, "Have we met?" It was pretty hilarious, but more proof that I have what Chad calls a "glasses face." I just look unrecognizable without them and simply adorable with them! Have no fear, friends. I will only be wearing them on an "as needed" basis.

No comments: