Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekend Breastacular

My weekend may have felt calm and relaxing, but it was actually full of parties and boobs.

My bestie, JJ, turned 31 on Thursday. We celebrated his birthday formally with beers at Clementine. The real party, however, took place Friday night at Chicas Bonitas.  For those of you who are not familiar with Chicas Bonitas, I will fill you in... Chicas Bonitas is a club for caballeros. Caballeros is Spanish for "gentlemen" i.e. Hispanic strip club. There have been four separate instances where JJ has wanted to go to Chicas Bonitas, but something has fallen through each time. Most notably, the last time BBC and I backed out at the last minute and I'm not exaggerating when I say last minute. JJ was actually locking up his bike in front of the club when we called to cancel. So when John called me Friday to invite me to Chicas Gorditas (most definitely a more appropriate name), there was no way I could say no!



My review:
This particular joint is located just off the freeway, costs $5 to get in (free on your birthday), has the cheapest drinks in town ($2.50!!!!), has a taco truck in the parking lot that will deliver to your table (the steak taco was yum), and is chock full of voluptuous damas. While parking is limited, they offer valet services. This would be great if I had a car, which leads to my biggest complaint: no bike racks. Personally, I would remedy this situation with free bike valet, duh! Speaking Spanish would be an asset here, as the entire staff is Hispanic. Perhaps I can suggest an English/Spanish class exchange event during the slow business hours?

Saturday was a productive day with laundry and naps. I don't have much to elaborate on that, but Saturday night was fun. We celebrated the completion of Aaron's chemo. He looks and feels great, yay and congratulations!



After the F U Cancer party, I headed downtown to Red 7 to see my new favorite local band, Spray Paint. They're pretty awesome! If I were forced to use my terrible musical descriptions to explain their sound, I'd say they sound like the bastard love child of Sonic Youth and The B-52s.


Sunday morning I outslept the BF, which is unheard of. He woke me up at 2:00 in the afternoon! I'm not sure I've ever slept that long without the assistance of a hangover or sleeping medication. We quickly got dressed and joined the brunch in progress at Nate and Carrie's house to celebrate Nate's 33rd... delicious pho, lots of beers, and friendly faces.

Getting kisses from Ernie
 
The heat overwhelmed me and we left to meet up with some swim buddies at the Colorado River beach. The beach was perfectly secluded and the warm breeze was enticing so, with the permission of my sweetie, I slipped off my bathing suit and went topless. I frequently sunbathe topless in my side yard, much to my mailman's delight, but I've never been brave enough to do so in public. I don't know what feels so great about it, but it makes a normal summer sunning feel like a tropical island.

And now, back to the work week. I don't have much to look forward to this week except payday!! Once again, I'll be working for the weekend.


1 comment:

Kayrun said...

Sounds like a good weekend to me!~~

Kayrunnnnnnnnn