Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of My Thigh

Ugh, it feels unAmerican to be back at work.

Yesterday was a lovely 4th of July and my day off work started out perfectly. I slept until 1:00 pm before the BF and I started prepping for Shad and Leigh's annual pool party. I made yummy lime and peanut slaw that was a huge hit. (Here's the recipe) Not to brag or anything, but it was the only dish completely devoured, which says a lot since Leigh is an exceptional cook. Her pulled pork tacos were beyond delicious!

The pups ruled the day! Macho made a mess of all the pool floaties, attacking and popping 4 out of 5, and Olive played the baby and was coddled by all the lovely ladies poolside, but it was Spanky who had the most patriotism.

Andre and Olive

'Ole One-Eyed Spanky


After delicious eats, pineapple infused tequila, and lots of schwimmm time, we headed to Yellow Jacket for their festivities: bench pressin', arm wrestlin', wet T-shirts, and Think Lizzy. I've always wanted to compete in a wet T-shirt contest and was hoping that yesterday was going to be the day (I'm not getting any younger, am I right?!), but the promise of sopping white shirts was a hoax! Instead, we ended our night with the amazing Thin Lizzy cover band, Think Lizzy. Before they played, BBC and Ed were hoping that they would be an awesome band of unknown old dudes, and guess what... they were!

Here's some more Americana to savor:



Jasper Johns



Livin' the High Life with Beth and Lacey

No comments: