Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekend Moments

This weekend just flew right by! I wish it was still Saturday, but alas most of us have to keep working for the weekends. Here are some of my favorite moments from this weekend:

  • Stayten texted me this adorable picture of Merlin, who I miss terribly; that sweet, dumb little dumpling of a cat!

Merlin Kiss

  • The BF and I got into our first fight!! I'm a brat and he is the sweetest man I've ever met and it makes me happy that our first fight was 3 months in and resolved quickly. Afterwards we had make-up pina colada inspired cocktails with Karen at Javalina and danced to Quintron!
  • While at St. Roch's this weekend, BBC and I overhead the most interesting phone conversation I might have ever eavesdropped on. We were a handful of cocktails into our evening and completely dumfounded by this 24 year-old-ish Bobby Hill look-a-like discussing the awesome knuckle tats (O-B-I-T-U-A-R-Y) he is planning as a result of his exploding $1,000 bank account. Of course, he was wearing crocks with socks, smoking a cigarette without inhaling, and dropping f-bombs like it was the only adjective in his vocabulary. At one point we were laughing so hard and started writing down the things he was saying so we wouldn't forget how unforgettable this character was. Needless to say, our drunken notes aren't as well dictated as they seemed at the time. Favorite quote Super computers are f-ing tits, dude.
  • I watched Parks and Recreation with Julia for the first time. We finished season one and will be watching season two shortly. I had trouble focusing with all the pigeons. Seriously, I may have a pigeon problem because I couldn't help myself and squealed every time there was one sitting on a trash can or window sill. They were in nearly every scene! I am currently researching the pigeon actors online with the hopes of getting more information about these scene-stealers.

No comments: