- Yesterday morning before heading to work, I threw a huge chunk of meat in the crockpot, added some wine, worcestershire, carrots, taters, and an onion and let that sucker cook for 10 hours. I know, I know.... it's called a pot roast and people have been nom-ing on that shit for decades. Last night at ladies movie night we devoured it and I'm officially convinced that it is the only food I should ever cook again.
- It's peach season! Get ready for spiced, pickled peaches, y'all. I'm going to have to send a few jars to Emily O. who likes to eat them with oatmeal. Holla at me if you want some too.
- I'm getting another tattoo! (That exclamation mark is sarcastic) I won a gift certificate in January from my tattoo girl, Billy Baca at Bijou, at a charity auction for Esme. For a while I've been going back and forth about what to get. Originally, I wanted this adorable cat pinup,
but now I've decided to go for a traditional, super flat, cat head! I'm waiting for my
consultation appointment, but in the meantime, here's my pin board of reference
images. I don't necessarily want the headdress, but something similar and cute with
my Cecilia's face!
- Many of my friends know that for the last 5 or 6 years I've been aggressively paying off credit card debt that was impressively earned during my college years. The total was extreme and I've paid about $10,000 per year since I first moved to Austin. Well..... I'm Done!!!!!! This month I paid off my last credit card. I should have cried, I should have celebrated, but instead I got a new credit card. Don't worry, I learned my lesson; being broke and working two jobs for 6 years will do that to a girl. So, watch out ladies: I now have the extra cash to join you girls for happy hour and buy cute shoes.
- I'm itching for this weekend! It's Audra's birthday and we'll be having a Nasty Girls Club meeting all weekend long! Happy hours, Lil Kim, mimosa brunches, day drinking, Salt N Pepa... it's gonna be a scandalous blast and I can't wait!