Friday, April 27, 2012

Mas Musica

So far, it is looking like the summer of music. Today I bought tickets to the following shows:


Lil Kim



Salt N Pepa
When I was in the 2nd grade I got in trouble for singing Let's Talk About Sex. I didn't have the slightest clue what the song was about, yet I knew every word.



Jesco White
Drinkin', dancin', fightin', fuckin'..... don't feed this guy slimy, sloppy eggs, y'all!

 
Pierced Arrows
What can I say? McVay (9 year relationship from hell) was in love with Kelly Halliburton and had the most intense man crush I've ever witnessed. As a result, I have a bit of a crush and I'm also gaga for Severed Head of State. The last time Pierced Arrows were in town, I had a smooching session with Kelly in the bathroom of Love Joys. While I would love a round two, I suspect the accidental BF wouldn't approve. 


Municipal Waste
I remember when these guys went on their first tour some time around 2001. They were all about 18 and I was hit on by no less then 3 members of the band, all of whom used the same line, "Buy me a beer and let me pork you?" Back then they were hardcore for your little brother. Now they're just fucking hard!


Robyn
I adore Robyn and my other Robyn-loving ladies and I will be dancing our boo-tays off!


Meat Loaf
Meat Loaf is the Texas Bruce Springsteen and we both went to the same college. Go Eagles!



Tom Petty is sold out, which I guess is okay, because I don't really have hundreds of dollars to spend. Even though Tom Petty is on my bucket list of musicians to see live, these tickets were over $100 months ago and there was just no way I could justify that expense. Enjoy Austin, Tom!


No comments: