Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday Tidbits

  • I'm getting pretty excited about SXSW. Last year I was a mopey pants and didn't have near as much fun as I'm used to. This year will be completely different. I don't have any expectations except to eat free frito pie at Beerland every day, drink lots of free beers, and spend my days with my girls. Both Jamie and Audra will be coming in from Dallas and I'm very excited about Julia's enthusiasm to run around and play.
  • In more SXSW news, Julia signed up for RSVPster and added me as her +1, so I haven't had to RSVP to anything manually! The confirmations just keep rolling in and with the EventBrite app all I have to do is show up with my phone (this might actually be the most difficult part of the week).
  • I want this fake taxidermy goat that is selling for $2,900

  • How disgusting is it that I can't help myself when it comes to picking scabs? It's such a satisfying thing to do and I have a very gnarly one forming on my knee from last week's tumble.
  • I'm debating on whether I should take out the new wheels for SXSW, or go for the old bike, Gloria. I'm like that person who buys a brand new car and parks in the back of the parking lot taking up 4 spaces. I'm just terrified of her getting stolen.
  • The Raincoats are playing 35 this weekend and I want to go so badly. Both Jamie and Audra will be there, so it's even more tempting.



  • This Sunday I have a BFF play date with my 5 year old friend, Madilynne. She's adorable and we will be making our own pizzas, getting manicures, watching The Wizard of Oz at Alamo with some fancy milkshakes, playing with puppies at Austin Pets Alive, and anything else her little heart could desire. I'm totally stoked!


No comments: