Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thursday Tidbits

Another round of tidbits, y'all!


  • Last night I spend 2 hours on the phone with my mum. She had speculations that perhaps my 30th birthday was a 'coming out' party. The very idea sounded hilarious to me, but now I see all the signs: Bar Mitzvah, becoming a man, lesbian bar, no boyfriend....... 
  • My friend, Katie, is performing in a puppet show version of one of my favorite short stories of all times: Charlotte Perkins Gilman's The Yellow Wallpaper. She will be making shadow puppets with her hands and I'm super excited about watching tonight. She is a sign language interpreter, so her manual dexterity has to lend itself to some interesting shadows. Go Katie, go!!! 
  • The yarmulkes I've ordered for my birthday (which I will rhinestone for my top 30 ladies to wear) are shipping from Israel! I was wondering why they hadn't been delivered yet and checked the tracking. Thank goodness I'm such a planner and ordered them last month.
  • I already got my first birthday card! It came in the mail yesterday, with check included to help fund my big party. Thank you so much, Aunt Priss!
  • Speaking of Aunt Priss makes me think about what 'family' means. Richard (my step-dad) and Aunt Priss (Pam, our family friend) have volunteered to be in my life and truly bring amazing insight, support, and love to my world. I think sometimes when people chose to love you so much it feels better than the love that comes from those people that have to love you. I guess this is the same reason that my best friends mean so much to me!
  • It feels like Friday in my brain and I'm ready for the weekend!

No comments: