Friday, November 18, 2011

Shot Through the Heart

I've been a bit of a homebody lately. This is my busiest week of the month at my 2nd job, so the work nights have been late. As a result, I haven't been feeling very well lately and went to bed before 10pm last night. Yesterday I called to schedule a "shot appointment" with my doctor to get some cortisone shots into my pained and swollen joints: shoulder, wrist, and sternum. While getting 8 shots in my chest this morning I couldn't stop humming this:


The worst part about steroid shots is that the pain usually gets worse before it gets better. So, it looks like I'm going to have another quite night at home. Honestly, there isn't much I wouldn't give for some pain medication right now... or perhaps some sexy company in a boozy hot tub.

No comments: