Wednesday, September 7, 2011

London Calling

I've slept two nights in a row in the most comfortable sheets I've ever known and it's heavenly! I'm also loving this Austin weather. After months of triple-digit temperatures it's nice to be able to open the windows at night and sleep soundly. However, this wind and wildfire smoke has done a number on my allergies. It's a price I'm willing to pay though.

In regular, old, boring, daily news:
I think I'm officially tired of dating! I had another first date planned for tonight with Jason, the English professor, but I cancelled it. Funny, all I want to do is go play with Gravy and watch some television with Julia while wearing comfy pants and drinking beer. My weeks seem so scheduled and planned, that it feels like Wednesdays are my only open nights and I don't want to be filling those up with awkward dates. So, I'm just gonna float where I am for the time being. I'm a great flirt; we'll just see who comes up in my day to day life!

I'm going to England!!!! Wow, I'm so excited and a little in shock. While on the phone with my mum and dad last night I mentioned wanting to go to England for Christmas. My dad said it was too expensive and I told him I had thought about going over to visit Chad for Thanksgiving and he immediately offered up 60,000 air miles. I bought the tickets this morning for less than $180! Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday, but in the last few years it's become bittersweet with the death of my favorite Thanksgiving friend, UT Football games that I have to work every other year, and a intermingling of social groups that involve my good friends and my ex. I was nervous about a potluck meal this year, who would host it, if I would be invited, and if he would be there.... this stops all of those anxieties. In honor of my excitement, I've created these prediction-photos of how much fun I will have over my Thanksgiving vacation.

Chad and me at the Royal Wedding

Playing "tourist" with Chad and some strange tourist




No comments: