Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fairytales

Wow, I feel like the entire world is hugging me while wrapped up in an electric blanket in a hot tub! Except there's no risk of electrocution. I've never felt so warm and fuzzy as I currently do.

My interview with the Mutter went well yesterday. It turns out that I'm a great candidate and one of 40 individuals being interviewed. I will hear back next week on whether or not I've made it to the next round of interviews. I feel confident, but at the same time absolutely carefree. If I get the job I'm moving to Philadelphia with a positive outlook on a new life and the prettiest, biggest smile I've ever grinned. If I don't get the job, I'm still an Austin girl living a vibrant and vivacious fun-filled existence with amazing friends. Win/Win if you ask me.

So, for all of those readers out there who love my moody droning rants, I apologize. This girl is happy!

Last night I was in the mood to celebrate. Karen did an amazing job of getting me out of the "avoid the ex at all costs" rut I've been in. What it boils down to is that I won't be leaving Austin because of him and I can't spend anymore time in any part of my life focused on him. I avoid events and locations that I think he may be at regardless of how much I want to be there and last night I didn't do that. It was amazing! I've wasted too much time being a fool. So Karen, Carrie, Gina, Stayten, Emily J., and I had terrible, but free, Sailor Jerry's cocktails at Liberty's end of summer laua last night. I competed in (and lost) a hula hooping contest that made me feel like an excited little girl swimming in a pool full of grape Jell-O! I was soaring and felt like a million bucks. Carrie and I ended up staying out until last call with a chat-a-thon night cap at The Grand.

I'm happy! I love my amazing friends and myself and that's a really great place to be. I wish I had a Mary Tyler Moore-esque photo of me spinning around in the streets of Philly, but this will have to do:




No comments: