Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What is a Blood Transfusion?

Normally when I have a medical question I call my sister, the nurse. My medical question right now is, "What exactly is a blood transfusion?," but I can't call and ask her because she is currently getting one. So, my back ups were google and Facebook, which also didn't answer my questions. Funny thing, whenever I post something quirky on Facebook I get instant comments, but nobody can answer my blood transfusion questions. I guess I'll just have to wait and ask my sister about it later.

A blood transfusion sounds very scary to me. Audrey Ella was born a week ago, today, and my sister's current situation is postpartum related. I haven't even called her since the birth, so I'm a pretty bad sister. I also didn't call her for her own birthday last week. Hopefully everything will be okay. I'm not gonna lie, it makes me very worried. I feel like I can normally brush off medical things, but whenever there is an issue with blood, my brain just goes straight into emergency mood. In this case, I guess I'm not overreacting, since she is in the ER. Love ya, sis! I hope you feel better soon and please don't die. Here's a picture of my new niece:

Baby in a personalized baby bag

That's all I've got right now. Enjoy the baby pic! It's a scratch and snifff that smells like lavendar and baby powder. You'll have to get up really close the the screen to smell..... go on

No comments: