Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday Tidbits

It's Monday! Mondays come with the promise of ladies night, so I always have something to help me through the work day. And boy, do I need it. I slept pretty well last night and was in bed before the morning came, but I just can't stay awake. So, today will be in tidbit form!

Tidbits:

-I started my weekend early last week and did some afternoon swimming with Cara and Posey on Thursday. Sweet Po threw the first temper tantrum I've ever witnessed. It was interesting, because my initial inclination is to just ignore it, but then you want to make sure she isn't too unhappy. Also, after a day of swimming I get a little cranky myself.

-Julia and I happy-houred  at the Grackle Thursday and participated in Shark Week for the first time. I never really understood the novelty, but then again, I had never watched it. On paper, I would say that I like Shark Week whenever it is muted on the television, above a bar, and behind a cute bartender. The highlight, besides the cute bartender, was the fact that all the animals had names! There was Big Marco, Llyod, and Flo, the heavy-sucking shark who ate a spiny lobster for dinner. There's a reason why I don't have television and I think I'd like to keep it that way.

- Gina fed me steak Friday night! Yum, yum, Gina makes the best steaks, but afterwards all I wanted to do was go home and sleep. We did attempt to start a pool party, but since nobody wanted to swim with us the idea failed.

-I've got a new policy that if I'm in the mood to stay home, I should. Frequently I can't stand staying in and feel a bit claustrophobic, so I should take advantage of the nights I don't feel this way.

-Saturday I watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes with JJ and Matt. I'm a huge Planet of the Apes fan and was really excited to watch the movie, even though I was pretty sure it wouldn't knock my socks off. It was, 'meh', but I'm still glad I saw it. Matt, on the other hand, loved it. After the movie we went to the Colorado River beach and chilled in the dog-infested waters with beers. I love this beach and it totally beats out Barton Springs as my outdoor waterhole destination due to tolerable water temperature, free admission, and freedom to bring booze. Drinking beer outside and sleeping in the sun are some of my favorite summertime activities. Jacob and Maggie met up also, but the boys were ready to call it a day so we didn't stay much longer. Maybe I'll spend the whole day out there this next Saturday. I skipped out on my Saturday night Continental Club plans and went to bed early with a beer and sun-induced headache.

-Bottomless mimosa brunch with Lela, Jamie, Audra, and JJ for Julia's Sunday birthday celebration. Afterwards we had massages and pedicures. I've never had a day of pampering and it was divine. The best part is that it was all in the honor of a special lady! All that relaxing exhausted me and I took a disco nap before heading out to Pinballz for party fun. I've known Julia for 3+ years now and have always loved her, but only recently became close chums. She's a super special lady, and I feel honored to have her as my GF and Vest Friend. (That actually extends out to all my GFs because they're all super special and important to me.)

-I thought I had decided to do online dating, until I started to complete the profile, answer the questions, and see my options. As someone who is reluctant to date and great a flirting, I don't think I'm going to go through with it. People are always saying they don't want to meet someone in a bar, but that's actually where I think I'd prefer to meet someone; at least then I'll know they are social and fun to be with.

-I've stopped smoking! I know this probably isn't viewed as a victory to anyone, but it's my 3rd and, hopefully, final time to quit smoking. I had a good 3 weeks of cigs and I'm ready to quit! Everybody extend their support to Julia, cause she's gonna quit too, but today is her last day of smokes! Good luck lady!

No comments: