Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I Like Ketchup on my Meatloaf

In 2000, VH1 produced the most amazing biopic of one of my favorite musicians...  Meat Loaf.  I remember being so excited to watch it the night VH1 had the world premier of Meat Loaf: To Hell and Back. And, of course, while Mr. Loaf was out of work for the second time in his career, they never thought to, perhaps, cast the lead character as himself. Regardless, the movie is a heart warmer about following your dreams and the struggle to succeed amongst 300 lbs. of raw, intense, and unbridled spirit!

I unexpectedly remembered this movie a few weeks ago and finally re-watched it tonight. Ugh,  Bat Out of Hell gives me goosebumps! I've been a Meat Loaf fan since the first day I ever heard him and, as a result, I've been a fan of Bruce Springsteen since the first time I heard him and thought he was Meat Loaf. I've said it before and I'll say it again: In all sincerity, Bruce Springsteen is the New Jersey Meat Loaf. I'm a Texas girl and went to the same college as Meat Loaf (along with Nora Jones and fellow Vest Friend Jamie), but this is more than lone star loyalty... I've told this to many people and have honestly been a little surprised by the total dissent I get in response. I think a Meat Loaf/Bruce Springsteen-off is called for, whatever the hell that might be.

Don't take my word for it, watch all 9 parts on youtube.com:


Or purchase this amazing trilogy of music online at amazon.com:

  

No comments: