Friday, July 1, 2011

Date Night II

I'm home from my date and I can't sleep. I'm smitten! I didn't think I could be smitten, but I'm sitting here with the stupidest smile I've worn for years and I can't sleep. I'm terrified of what happens next. I didn't ask for this, but I'm really, really smitten. So, I'm going to just roll with the punches and not try to overthink it. He's cute, he's smart, he's funny, and he's already a friend so that feels safe.

Okay, here are my two pop references for the week:

At work today Jessica introduced me to this song, which has been stuck in my head all day. It seriously is only one verse over and over. Also, I don't like the 2 lady friends aspect of the lyrics, but the "only way her heart will mend, is when she learns to love again" touches pretty close to home since I've been nursing a broken heart for a while now. Also, Jessica said she liked the dancing, so I'm hoping this means that pretty soon I'll get to have a crazy lady dance fest, cause momma feels the movement in her bones!


I watched Super 8 with my date tonight. I didn't like the alien aspect, because aliens scare me. I wanted to touch his leg or arm or hold his hand during the movie, but I was too scared. Neither of us really made a move, but when he dropped me off I wanted a kiss so badly. Ugh, it was like fireworks (thank you Beth) and once I got inside my house I immediately texted my GFs that I was smitten. So, here's another pop song:


So, now I have to try to go to sleep, but I'm wound up too tight. Good night moon, and thanks for your luck tonight!

No comments: