Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Second 1st Date Ever

Last night I realized that my date tomorrow night will only be the second 1st date I've ever had in my life. I don't know what that means, but I think I'm going to interpret it as I've been in long term relationships and the dudes I've dated outside of those haven't been very charming. Also, I don't date people that I don't really know, which eliminates the 1st date part; you just sort of start making out and then you have a BF. (that sounds like an 8th definition of a relationship to me.)  The last 1st date I went on was with the ex, so I guess a 1st date could be a good sign; or bad.....hmmm.

Any first date advice? What not to wear or say? I think I have some pretty good questions prepared: "How do you think your friends would describe you to me?" (they all say he is very sweet and a great guy) and then the general, "what do you do..." Also, I'm just going to wear a cute, simple dress so no advice is needed on that.

I had a dream last night that he brought me a French bulldog puppy as a present. That would make me outrageously happy!! In the dream I named the puppy La'Rick (my name plus his, Eric). So, as a result, all day today I've been wishing I had a little French bulldog puppy licking my toes under my desk.

Awh, look at how cute La'Rick could be!!!

Okay, so here is the dirt on the dude. I don't know him, but he is friends with several of mine, including the bestie and her ex-boyfriend. I also know of a couple of the girls he has dated in the past and apparently he is a snuggler. We met last week at Mohawk and I thought his lisp was super cute. He was a high school science teacher when he lived in DFW, but I don't know what he does now. Anyhow, I think he's cute and I'm super excited! Tomorrow night we're going to a movie premier with Will Farrell. Okay, so Will won't be on the date with us, but he will be in the same room. Exciting! I hope he's tall. (Will not Eric, because I know Eric is tall-ish already).

Being that this is only my second 1st date, I'm pretty darn nervous. Fortunately, my BBF (best boy friend) has been going on tons of 1st dates lately and I've been able to get the male perspective from him. Apparently, if he had his way, the making out would happen right after introductions, just to get that part out of the way. I don't think I'm going to take that route, but I'm not completely excited about being in a movie theater for 2 hours without really getting to know him. I guess that means we'll just have to do drinks after....

Wish me luck and I'll be sure to share all the details later!

No comments: