Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday Morning Memo

Yesterday I got my first sunburn of the season. It isn't that bad, just some pink on my shoulders and back, but it got me thinking that I'm probably going to be a big wuss when I get my tattoo this week. Sorry mum, but I'm going through with it and I'll still be your sweet little girl. Honestly though, isn't a pigeon tattoo better than another name or naked lady?! I'm excited, but a little nervous. It just seems so silly to me how excited I am about the thought of always being able to look at a pigeon, whenever I want. Julia, however, told me she wouldn't hang out with me privately or publicly if I rub my cheek next to my tattoo pigeon's cheek, which is what I'm looking forward to the most. It's been nearly a decade since I last got a tattoo and all I really remember is it feeling like a sunburn, so I hope I'm not in for a rude awakening.

R.I.P LaKiesha. Gina's baby chicky chick died over the weekend and it makes me sad. I never got to hold her, or even confirm it was a hen, but I really felt like things were moving forward whenever she came into our lives... watching her sleep under the heat lamp, a little black tuft of feathers. I love where I live and don't plan on moving anytime soon, but I really wish I had a bigger yard so I could have my own chickens. In the meantime, I'll just keep my girls at Gina's and send chicken-support every month...weekly visits and summer trips to Disney World. That's how I grew up and I'm a wholesome hen now, so it shouldn't be too damaging to my Martha.

Martha needs a nice little neckerchief  to compliment her gold

No comments: