Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Case of the Mondays on Tuesday

Well, I think I may have a case of the Mondays even though it's Tuesday. I suspect I'm not the only one seeing as 3-day weekends tend to stir up those unrequited Monday emotions. Like I've said before, I'm lucky to be so busy during the summertime at a University, but I'll be really happy whenever it's vacation time.

This weekend was like a Gemini festival with all the birthdays going on. Beth, Jacob, Nay Nay, Astrid....I don't see anything to complain about because I got pinball, swimming, beer, cake, champagne, and lots of time with the pals. I don't have facts or details to share, mainly because I'm feeling lazy and noncommunicative, but my favorite part of the weekend would have to be crashing a fiesta with Sweet B last night.

After leaving Nathan's celebration we were feeling the mellow 'chill' of summer evening winds and day drinking whenever we passed a street party with thumping Tejano beats. Of course, Beth and I take one look at each other wide-eyed and turn around to join the party. Sure, there were a lot of people in semi-formal attire looking as if they just returned from a wedding, but we were in the mood to tap our toes and there was nothing a dress code could do to stop us! So, we stayed for one free beer, did some hip shimmying, and then went on our way....

No comments: