Wednesday, March 30, 2011

They Dye and Perm Hair, Don't they?

Just like Angela Bassett in Waiting to Exhale, I feel the need for a major hair change. I've had the same hair style for 3 years now: light brown, blonde highlights to blend the grey, side-swept bands, layers, and long. I also, absurdly, prided myself on the fact that my hair matched the color of my ex-boyfriends beard. Strange how you think whenever you're wrapped up in the hype and celebrity of a competitive beard grower.

This is what I'm thinking:
Jane Fonda from The Shoot Horses, Don't They?
Sure, it would require I perm, bleaching, going very short, and constant maintenance to make for cute styling...something I'm not willing to do. And, considering my hair dresser is a very good friend of mine, I can already hear her telling me, "No way, girl! You'd hate it after 2 days. Just buy a wig" That being said, I'm looking forward to another great haircut and color to enhance the same style I've enjoyed for the last 3 years. Which, I guess, means the breakdown that has produced the desire for change wasn't, in fact, that dramatic after all.

No comments: