Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lunch Break

I wouldn't say I was estranged from my real father, but I guess that is what it is. I have an amazing step-father who I consider to be my dad, so I've never wanted more than what I had. Until my recent stay in the hospital, it had been over 4 years since we had talked. He called me on the phone and we talked briefly as if no time had passed. It has been over 5 years since we last saw each other, which shouldn't be the case since we only live 300 miles apart and he was an executive in the airline industry. This past Sunday he asked to fly into town for lunch and I agreed....lunch was today.


It went well. I took him to JPs to meet my BFFs (sorry Beth we left there just as you got there) and then we had a 2 hour lunch. Talked about some childhood memories, our careers, my sister's children, and things just kept rolling. I guess after 4 years there's plenty to say. It was refreshing when I expected it to be stressful. Here are some photos he gave me: youth in the 80s

I'm wearing my name on my shirt just incase you didn't know who I was!

Christmas tree hunting!

No comments: