Thursday, January 20, 2011

130 by 30

I'm three weeks away from my 29th birthday, and my scale is quickly becoming my worst enemy. I haven't made a New Year's weight resolution in years and daily I think to myself, "just one more plate of cheese fries and I'll get back on track tomorrow." Honestly, I don't know if the cheese fries will ever end, but maybe next time I'll just dip them in fat-free ranch.

But seriously, if I could go back in time I would kick my 19 year-old self's ass for calling me fat! I'm appalled to think, that as a 130 pound, 19 year-old, sex-pot I was mortified about itsy, bitsy bikini season. God, what I'd do now to look decent in a granny-style one piece.

So, as I sit here with my muffin tops, beer belly, and burgeoning double chin I propose a change: to be 130 pounds, again, by my 30th birthday. That gives me 1 year to lose 30 pounds...because getting old and fat sucks!

1 comment:

ginapollard said...

I think getting old and fat could be fun! Depends on how you do it, I guess.